Responsible for managing Engineering team and creating/managing departmental standards/procedures for property management and HOA. Responsible for HOA project management and the coordination of EWH personnel/vendors engaged in said projects. Also responsible for the repair and maintenance of HOA assets in the village core and Mountainside under management of EWH at Northstar.
- Staff Management
- Leadership for maintenance team: Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of subordinates.
- Maintain and update excellent procedures, standards, and scripts. Collaborate with SOA Maintenance Supervisor and Property Management Maintenance to create departmental SOP’s.
- Consistent feedback/coaching for Engineering Teams.
- Focus on mentoring and growing the skill set and knowledge base of the Engineering Supervisor and team.
- Regular Staff Meetings to communicate residential and association information and needs.
- Assist with parts acquisition.
- Process and maintain all HR documentation
- Keep records on staff actions, behavior issues and discipline.
- Complete Engineering team annual reviews.
- Manage employee hours and overtime.
- Assist with bi-monthly payroll in UKG.
- Review Team Schedule as needed. Done by Supervisor
- PTO and Sick time management for team review and make sure team is taking PTO and kept under 80 hours each year.
- Review time sheets and where hours are spent by the team. Coach team on billable hours. Send to Accounting and GM.
- Uniform ordering annually.
- Direct and Insure staff and self participation in all corporate and departmental trainings. Be in compliance with all safety and OSHA requirements.
- Communicate staff safety concerns to Management.
- Communicate all staff trainings in Cornerstone and confirm done by expected date.
- Attend company monthly safety meetings and facilitate meetings in coordination with Director of Human Resources as needed.
- Residential Property Management
- Review work performed by the maintenance team prior to its posting to owner accounts.
- Manage the maintenance of the Rental/Homecare programs units to ensure the residences are prepared to the highest standard.
- Ensure engineering department coordinates all activities with other departments and check occupancy for work schedules.
- Residential maintenance spot inspections.
- Assist Owner Services Managers in coordinating service vendors and sub relationships for owners for the interior/exterior of residences. Such as painters, electricians, snow removal, defensible space and fire suppression, etc.
- Facilitate communication with Owner Services Manager that work is completed and follow-up if needed.
- Homeowner and Shared Owner Association Management
- Provide input and assistance on quarterly board meeting maintenance reports
- Implement all HOA/SOA projects agreed upon with Property/Project Manager.
- Ensure adherence to all local and state building codes.
- Assist Project Manager to oversee scopes of work, bids and contract negotiations for capital projects such as roofing, painting, landscaping and snow removal etc.
- Collaborate with Project Manager in reserve study management.
- Ensure department coordinates activities/work with other departments.
- Review work performed by the maintenance team prior to its posting to HOA’s.
- Train team in general Cabin/Townhome Maintenance.
- Prepare vendor list
- Keep updated list of out of order products.
- Use Surveys to create maintenance plan for all cabins/townhomes - address all owner issues
- Regular clear communication with all departments of maintenance issues
- Prepare information for property management for all board meetings about the general maintenance of all cabins/townhomes.
- Track all time through timesheets, IQWare, TSW systems.
- Manage fire, life and safety systems in collaboration with Engineering Supervisor and team.
- Create regular vendor maintenance schedule and set up with vendor.
- HVAC annual maintenance
- Snow Removal - Hand shoveling and driveways
- With the help of corporate EWH establish and maintain efficient inventory control systems for maintenance inventory, parts and supplies including purchasing, receiving, inventorying and proper accounting of consumed inventory and or stock transfers.
- Assist with mid-month and end of month statement editing if mistakes are found during the review process.
- Perform tasks in IQTrac, IQWare, UKG, and Cornerstone.
- Preparation in partnership with Association Management, GM and the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Operate department within the budgeted guidelines.
- Operate within HOA budget guidelines and financial responsibilities.
- Maximize billable hours departmentally as appropriate.
- Regular interdepartmental communication; to include HOA managers, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Owner services and Accounting.
- Regularly attend management meetings and other property meetings.
- MOD Program - Overnight coverage of phone calls - Communicate to the MOD managers that share this program and the departments that will be required to fix overnight issues.
- Maintain and service all vendor/sub relationships.
- Maintain and service relationship with vendors, TMC, owners and guests.
- I will be well-groomed
- I will smile
- I will make eye contact
- I will use attentive postures
- I will greet & welcome my guests
- I will be knowledgeable about my destination, my division and local attractions
- I will make suggestions
- I will be patient
- I will take responsibility for inquiries and problems
- I will thank my guests
Additional duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
Because of the fluctuating demands of the operation, it may be necessary that each employee perform a multitude of different functions; therefore, as an essential part of your job, employees will be expected to help others when the occasion arises. Accordingly, employees may be expected to perform other tasks not specifically addressed above.
Promote at all times a cooperative and problem solving atmosphere. Conduct all business in a professional and courteous manner. Must also honor and adhere to the following hospitality top 10’s at all times (below).
Reports directly to Association Management, General Manager, Director of Finance/Operations for the Truckee Division.
Prior supervisory experience required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in common interest developments preferred. Must possess a valid California or Nevada driver’s license.