Optician - Internal Applicants Only
*** Internal Applicants Only ***
Please submit application by May 31, 2022
Eye Pieces is seeking an experienced Optician to join our team in Roaring Fork Valley. The Optician is directly responsible for providing customers with exceptional service and driving sales to meet company goals and objectives. If you are a seasoned Optician, we would love to meet you!
- Dispense eyeglasses and ensure proper fit and alignment of eyewear.
- Assist customers in the selection of frames and coordinate frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Instruct customers in adapting to, wearing and caring for their eyeglasses.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Drive profitable store sales; analyze and respond to customer service issues.
- Perform general clerical duties, track orders, and manage inventory.
- Outstanding customer service skills, built on lasting relationships.
- Transparent and collaborative effort with management team.
- Entrepreneurial: demonstrate an elevated degree of professionalism.
- Go the extra mile to create a personal unique experience for each client.
Location: Eye Pieces Basalt, CO. Roaring Fork Valley, multiple locations.
Start Date: June 2022
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: 55k-75k/year DOE. Commission potential (5k-20k)
Schedule: Flexible schedule, holidays, weekends and evenings required.
- Must be a current Eye Pieces employee
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred.
- 5+ years previous optical experience.
- ABO certification preferred.
- ECP knowledge preferred, computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Retail sales experience with customer facing support.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology.
- Ability to correctly measure for ophthalmic eyeglass lenses of all types.
- Should also have current knowledge of retail optical, lens technology and diverse optical products.
- Ability to determine customer’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and customer’s eyeglasses.
- Able to remain calm under pressure, juggle many things at once.
- Local mindset - Love where we live, work and play.
- Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
- A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company.
- Monthly Commissions - sky is the limit for your earning potential
- Produc t Bonuses - seasonally
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Paid Career Development Trainings
- Volunteer Pay - Give back to your community
- Employee Assistance Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Sabbatical Program
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot