Optician - Roaring Fork Valley
Eye Pieces is a leading optical shop located in the beautiful resort area of the Roaring Fork Valley. We are currently seeking a full-time Optician to join our team. The position is directly responsible for providing customers with exceptional service and driving sales to meet company goals and objectives. If you are a seasoned Optician, we would love to meet you!
- Assist customers in selecting eyewear products and coordinate frames with optical measurements and prescription
- Dispense eyeglasses and ensure proper fit and alignment of eyewear
- Instruct customers in adapting to, wearing and caring for their eyeglasses
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs
- Analyze and respond to customer inquiries and complaints
- Assist with inventory management and restocking merchandise
- Work with a team of professionals to provide excellent customer service and meet sales targets
- Transparent and collaborative effort with management team.
- Entrepreneurial: demonstrate an elevated degree of professionalism.
- Go the extra mile to create a personal unique experience for each client.
Location: Eye Pieces Basalt, CO. Roaring Fork Valley, multiple locations.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: 55k-75k/year DOE. Commission potential (5k-20k)
Schedule: Flexible schedule, holidays, weekends and evenings required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred.
- 5+ years previous optical experience.
- ABO certification preferred.
- ECP knowledge preferred, computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Retail sales experience with customer facing support.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology.
- Ability to correctly measure for ophthalmic eyeglass lenses of all types.
- Should also have current knowledge of retail optical, lens technology and diverse optical products.
- Ability to determine customer’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and customer’s eyeglasses.
- Able to remain calm under pressure, juggle many things at once.
- Local mindset - Love where we live, work and play.
- Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Monthly Commissions - sky is the limit for your earning potential
- Product Bonuses - seasonally
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Paid Career Development Trainings
- Volunteer Pay - Give back to your community
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Slope-Side Ski Locker
- Discounted Bus Passes
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 100257879510