Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards? Join our team at Eye Pieces, managed by East West Hospitality.
Eye Pieces of Vail is seeking an experienced Optician to join our team in Vail. The Optician is directly responsible for providing customers with exceptional service and driving sales to meet company goals and objectives.
- Dispense eyeglasses and ensure proper fit and alignment of eye wear.
- Assist customers in the selection of frames and coordinate frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Instruct customers in adapting to, wearing, and caring for their eyeglasses.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Drive profitable store sales; analyze and respond to customer service issues.
- Perform general clerical duties, track orders, and manage inventory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Eye Pieces- Vail, CO.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Schedule: Days vary, between operating hours. 9am -9pm. holidays, weekends and evenings required.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus- depending on start date.
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Slope-side Ski Locker Access
- Winter Season Merchandise Bonus
- Industry Hosted On-Mountain Ski Days
- Flexible Schedule - 4 Day work weeks, Split Shifts, Ski Breaks
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at VAC and The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $200 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you'll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred. 1 year previous optical experience. ABO certification preferred. Strong communication skills (verbal & written), knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology, and ability to correctly measure for ophthalmic eyeglass lenses of all types. Should also have current knowledge of retail optical, lens technology and diverse optical products as well as the ability to determine customer’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and customer’s eyeglasses. Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company.