Eye Pieces of Snowmass is seeking an experienced Optician to join our team. The Optician is directly responsible for providing customers with exceptional service and driving sales to meet company goals and objectives.
- Dispense eyeglasses and ensure proper fit and alignment of eyewear.
- Assist customers in the selection of frames and coordinate frames with optical measurements and prescription.
- Instruct customers in adapting to, wearing, and caring for their eyeglasses.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit customer needs.
- Drive profitable store sales; analyze and respond to customer service issues.
- Perform general clerical duties, track orders, and manage inventory.
Location: Eye Pieces of Snowmass, Managed by East West Hospitality - Snowmass Village, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $20 / hour
Schedule: Days vary, between operating hours. 9am -9pm. holidays, weekends and evenings required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred.
- 5 years previous optical experience.
- ABO certification preferred.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Knowledge and understanding of optical and basic medical terminology
- Ability to correctly measure for ophthalmic eyeglass lenses of all types.
- Should also have current knowledge of retail optical, lens technology and diverse optical products
- Ability to determine customer’s current lens prescription, when necessary, using lensometer or lens analyzer and customer’s eyeglasses.
- Flexible schedule required, including the ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a lot of teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- Employee Slope-Side Ski Locker
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.