Prep Cook - $1000 Signing Bonus
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join the culinary team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality, where you will work with a variety of cuisines and techniques in a fast-paced kitchen.
We are looking for an Prep Cook to join our team! This is a great position for someone with basic culinary skills who desires to advance their skills and learn the ins and outs of commercial kitchen operation. If you excel at multitasking and time management and have basic knife skills we would love to meet you!
The Prep Cook supports and helps the Sous Chef and Lead Line Cook to accomplish the day to day tasks including:
- Setting up and stocking line stations with necessary supplies
- Preparing food for service, including chopping vegetables, butchering meat, preparing sauces
- Cooking assigned menu items during service, complying with the Sous Chef and Lead Line Cook's instructions and recommendations
- Maintaining high quality standards of food and its preparation, service and presentation
- Keeping line stations clean and organized
- Complying with mandatory food safety standards and regulations
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time & Part Time available. Year Round & Seasonal.
Pay Rate: Starting at $17 / hour
Signing Bonus: $1000 - half paid on first check, half paid after 60 days
- Basic knife skills preferred
- Previous kitchen experience preferred
- Ability to read and write in English
- All newly hired, or rehired, employees for all East West Companies must be, or become, "fully vaccinated" against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Free Staff Meals
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.