Prep Cook | Summer Season
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards AND is one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work? Join our team at Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
Viceroy Snowmass, located in Snowmass Village, CO is looking for a Prep Cook to join our team. If you enjoy working as a part of a team and have a motivated and positive attitude, we would love to meet you!
- Knowledge in the preparation of all cold food (such as meat, fish and salads)
- Knowledge seasoning, poaching, simmering, searing, roasting, frying, curing, drying, smoking, marinating, grinding, pureeing, forming, molding, piping, slicing, cutting, carving, rolling and presenting as well as pates and terrines
- Keeps focused on guest satisfaction and desired financial results.
- Ensures food production occurs according to operating and quality standards.
- Ensures compliance with all Culinary, Storeroom and Stewarding policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures compliance of Company sanitation standards.
- Strives for continuous improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility.
- Follows an effective training and inspection program of all culinary areas to ensure compliance of Health and Safety procedures and local laws.
- Understands and communicates to colleagues the operating and maintenance procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of new cooking techniques, supplies and equipment.
- Assists in menu rotation for the Colleague Restaurant and for food production for colleague events.
- Ensures effectiveness of on-going kitchen and related maintenance.
- Monitors implementation of energy conservation programs where applicable.
- Complies with Loss Prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Strives to provide excellent customer service. Follows effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures that food preparation and set-up is ready for food service.
- Ensures compliance of Use Records and Culinary Checks.
- Ensures compliance of Recipe Cards.
- Ensures compliance of stock rotation.
- Is always properly attired and groomed and wearing a name tag.
- Is always wearing the correct health and safety attire at all times (to include but not exclusive to safety shoes, hair nets/hats, gloves).
Location: Viceroy Snowmass - Snowmass Village, CO
Start Date: May, 2021
Employment Type: Full Time Seasonal
Schedule: Flexible schedule, some nights, weekends and holidays required
Pay Rate: $17.00 / hour
Benefits & Perks:
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus - depending on start date
- $40 / Month Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Minimum of one year of fast food production or kitchen food production
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality driven attitude
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other colleagues and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.