Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at Snowmass Mountain Lodging, managed by East West Hospitality.
We are looking for a Purchasing Manger to join our team in Viceroy Snowmass! If you are an upbeat people-person who enjoys working in a busy environment we would love to meet you!
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, suppliers and equipment.
- Keeps the Purchasing team focused on guest satisfaction and desired financial results.
- Ensures purchasing service occurs according to operating and quality standards.
- Creates, maintains and ensures compliance with all Purchasing policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensures compliance of company sanitation standards.
- Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility and communicates effectively same to all colleagues.
- Directs colleagues to strive for continuous improvement and excellence in all areas of responsibility.
- Initiates and maintains an effective training and inspection program of all Purchasing and storage areas to ensure compliance of Health and Safety procedures and local laws.
- Understands and communicates to colleagues the operating and maintenance procedures of all departmental equipment.
- Coordinates, supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of Resort equipment, supplies and food and beverage.
- Effectively evaluates and implements new standards, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
- Oversees the Purchasing function to assist in the management of costs and quality.
- Establishes, trains on and monitors purchasing stock control and ordering procedures.
- Ensures control over deliver, pricing, quantity and quality of supply delivery.
- Ensures the security of all items to the point of delivery or collection.
- Establishes and ensures deliveries are collected or delivered within Purchasing Department’s guidelines.
- Creates and ensures that all items are stored, dated, labeled and logged within company guidelines and that stock rotation procedures are followed appropriately and accurately.
- Ensures delivery notes and invoices are coordinated, documented and passed to the appropriate department on a daily basis.
- Creates systems for requisitioning of food and beverage and supplies and enforces adherence to such.
- Ensures compliance of Purchasing procedures such as purchase order approval and signatory processes and enforces first in/first out inventory rotation in conjunction with the Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef.
- Monitors supplier market conditions so as to estimate cost trends and product availability.
- Makes recommendations for vendor strategy and cost savings initiatives. Works with suppliers to ensure best product at the best price.
- Ensures that all colleagues of the Purchasing department understand and comply with Loss Prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service. Establishes effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures regular and on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
- Effectively interacts with departments to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles purchasing or supply problems and complaints.
- Observes service behaviors of colleagues and provides individual feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
Location: Snowmass Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $65,000 to $75,000
Schedule: Flexible schedule, some nights and weekends and holidays required
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Sabbatical Program
- $400 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- High School Diploma; colleague degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years in similar position at a ski Resort required.
- Bilingual helpful but not required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to track and allocate time correctly.
- Must be fully Vaccinated
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.