RAC Pilates Reformer Instructor
Title: Pilates Instructor
Department: Riverfront Athletic Club
Wage: $45 for hr. classes
Lead members, in a group environment, through a pre-arranged format of exercises designed to enhance overall fitness, strength and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised.
- Arrive at class 10 to 15 minutes ahead of scheduled start time to be available to interact with members, answer questions, inquire about their fitness progress, introduce and orient new participants. Instructors should know their participants on an individual basis and have a good sense of their fitness capabilities.
- Clothing should be appropriate fitness attire. It should not prohibit participants from seeing proper form, alignment and movement of the body. However, clothing should not be revealing in an inappropriate manner. Proper footwear should be worn at all times.
- Prepare appropriate music for class.
- Ensure all equipment is functioning correctly
During Class Responsibilities
- Introduce yourself and the format of the class
- Inquire if there are any "first timers" in the group and if so assess their fitness level.
- Make sure all verbal instructions are clear and that volume, tempo of music and overall atmosphere is conductive to hearing, teaching, learning and having fun.
- Continually monitor participants to ensure all participants are using the correct form. Offer variations of the routine to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Create a motivational and fun environment for all participants.
After Class Responsibilities
- Make sure room is in order for the next class to begin
- Answer any questions/concerns participants may have.
- Record proper attendance and time documentation
- Make sure class begins and ends promptly. If necessary, make adjustments to the flow of the class to ensure adherence to the schedule.
- Attend all required staff meetings as necessary
- Prepare any incident and/or witness reports as necessary in the event of an accident
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards his/her responsibilities, fellow employees, and members
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, office equipment and BAS
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work 24/7 based on scheduling needs
- Must hold a personal training or group fitness certification from an accredited organization
- Minimum of 3 years of experience - Pilates Reformer a MUST
- Current CPR certification
- Current AED certification