Real Estate Development Accountant II
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work? Join the East West Partners accounting team!
We are hiring a Real Estate Development Accountant II for our Avon, Colorado office. This team member is an integral member of our Avon, Charleston and Utah operations and will work daily with the development teams. The position will require a candidate who is comfortable with tasks on all ends of the spectrum, works well in a team environment and can multi-task and prioritize tasks. The job will require a Monday through Friday in office work schedule. Candidates should have 2-3 years of prior experience in accounting or finance. Experience in real estate development accounting preferred.
- Prepare financial statements and month end reporting packages to management and investors
- Prepare monthly draw funding requests for construction lenders and investment partners
- Process accounts payable for multiple real estate development projects
- Review contractor payment applications
- Prepare journal entries and monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Correspond with lenders and provide information needed to process monthly draw requests
- Work with project managers to review budgets, draws and job cost coding
- Assist with Treasury Management: deposits, wires, bank transfers, bank reconciliations and new accounts
- Record sales and manage cost of sales schedules
- Coordinate and manage audits when applicable
- Prepare 1099’s at year end
Location: East West Partners office in the Westin Riverfront in Avon, CO. May require periodic travel to Deer Valley, Utah and Charleston, South Carolina.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $60,000 - $70,000 / year
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of two years’ experience in real estate development and/or construction project accounting
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of GAAP, general ledger and preparation of financial statements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- All newly hired, or rehired, employees of East West Family of Companies must be, or become, "fully vaccinated" against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass Program
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- Employee Assistance Program