Rooms Division Manager
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards AND is one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Aspen Mountain Residences, managed by East West Hospitality.
The Aspen Mountain Residences, located in Aspen, CO is looking for a Rooms Division Manager to join our team. If you enjoy working as a part of a team and have a motivated and positive attitude, we would love to meet you!
- Play a key role in the leadership and organization of the Front Desk, Concierge, and Guest Services. Work as a liaison between each department ensuring excellent communication and teamwork.
- Plan and execute the division’s training and development strategy. Develop and promote succession planning by identifying key department candidates for career growth. Play a key role in the successful implementation of departmental cross training initiatives.
- Ensure that each department is held accountable for the service levels, colleague training, and development for their area of responsibility.
- Establish divisional and departmental goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility and communicate effectively to all colleagues.
- Assign responsibilities, effectively delegate duties to team and regularly check their performance is to required standard.
- Empowers colleagues to provide excellent customer service. Establishes effective and clear guidelines so colleagues understand expectations and parameters.
- "Walks the floor" - Maintains high visibility in public areas and back of house areas.
- Observes service behaviors of colleagues and provide feedback to improve service levels and individual performance.
- Interacts with customers and colleagues on a regular basis throughout the property to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Supports department managers and supervisors in guest/colleague situations as needed to ensure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved and colleague well being is preserved.
- Establish and maintain excellent and productive working relationships with key stakeholders including the Owner Relations Department, area brokers and realtors, and deeded owners.
- Ensure that the operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve and maintain defined service levels.
- Acts as a working manager, provide assistance to other departments as needed.
- Works with the Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to coordinate room availability and inventory.
- Promotes a strong working relationship with Housekeeping and Engineering Departments to ensure effective communications for Rooms issues.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the hotel.
- Proactive in maintaining strong and up-to-date knowledge of local services (restaurants, leisure activities, events, etc). Regularly educate and update team.
- Regularly reviews the guest survey responses, checking all guest issues from various sources and reports results and identifies trends for resolution and opportunities for to improve procedures and ideas for new services. Take action to execute accordingly.
- Ensures that guest history and preference information is communicated through all departments to ensure consistent delivery of exceptional service.
- Review arrival reports to ensure that requests are communicated and fulfilled. Ensure accuracy in room assignments.
- Hold effective and informative departmental meetings. Actively encourage and implement new ideas of how to ‘wow’ the guest and inspire colleagues to do the same.
- Authorizes the ordering of departmental supplies.
- Code and submit invoices, monitor costs, review P&L, and recommend measures to control costs, justify under - and overspend.
- Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Provide owner representation for all owners including but not limited to:
- Main point person for owner questions, inquiries, and requests.
- Organizing welcome cards and amenities for all owners for arrival and special occasions: i.e. holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations.
- Organizing owner events.
- Managing/Overseeing Owner Storage:
- Keeping inventory of trunks, bins, golf clubs, and other items.
- Supplying trunks and bins for owners to purchase.
- Coordinating the delivery and removal of stored items during owner arrival and departure.
- Other tasks related to owner relations, front of house, and the HOA as needed.
Location: The Aspen Mountain Residences
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time Year Round
Schedule: Flexible schedule, some nights, weekends and holidays required
Pay Rate: $65,000-85,000 Annually DOE
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Hotel and/or Front Office operational experience in a luxury property.
- Proven team leader with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values.
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: IQware, Alice, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high-level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify