Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Ski Hotel in USA TODAY "10Best Readers’ Choice" Travel Awards 2020 and is in the Top 40 Resorts in The Midwest and West by Condé Nast Traveler's RCA Awards 2020? Join our team at Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
At Viceroy Snowmass we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Pitkin County, and we are looking for a a strong Sales & Marketing Coordinator to join our team! If you possess strong communication, interpersonal, customer service skills and able to work independently we would love to meet you!
- Provide overall administrative support to sales & events team.
- Maintain a relationship and promote the hotel to new and existing customers through a proactive approach.
- Manage incoming sales phone lines & direct inquiry calls to managers depending on Market segment.
- Work with Sales team to uncover new leads both in catering and group sales to include prospecting.
- Generate, group contracts and proposals for BT, Catering and DOSM
- Compile information for monthly reports. Generate end of month report to include all requested documents and distribution.
- Log and order all VIP amenities and work in conjunction with Conference & Event manager as well as the kitchen and restaurant management team
- Generate and distribute for approval all Check request, Commission forms, Welcome Letter.
- Participation and attendance in meetings as assigned.
- Assemble sales kits, USB with hotel presentation, welcome bags.
- Assist with internal and external customers
- Assist in special projects with Sales Managers
- Greet visitors/clients in absence of Sales Managers and conduct site inspections
- Ensuring all filling system are maintained according to SOP
- Ability to understand Sales Report and related correspondence
- Order all office suppliers and maintain office cabinets and filling system accordantly to SOP. Maintains orderly inventory of collateral/giveaway items
- Serve as the Administrative Key Contact for any Delphi operating system to keep it update, merge documents, update menus, and train new associates. Log and maintain files through Delphi , including follow up and traces
- Take responsibility for smaller corporate groups and catering inquiries and help grow the property's group revenue
- MUST BE DETAIL ORIENTED, ABLE TO WORK IN A FAST PACE ENVIRONMENT AND FOLLOW-UP WITHIN MINUTES OF RECEIVING PHONE CALL AND/OR EMAIL
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during and/or periods of heavy activity & emergency situations, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, Kronos, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Occasionally participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of Viceroy Snowmas are met.
- Ensure compliance with Viceroy Snowmass’ policies and procedures.
Location: Viceroy Snowmass
Stat Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $24 per hour
Schedule: Rotative schedule
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum one (1) year of local sales, special events and customer service experience, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Proven team player with a high level of energy and motivation with a proven track record of living the company's values.
- An intermediate to proficient understanding of Computer systems such as: Opera, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is preferred
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Ability to spend extended lengths of time viewing a computer screen
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.