Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at the Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our team in Avon, CO! If you have experience financial statement and budget preparation, and experience working with an HOA board, we would love to meet you!
- Prepares monthly financial statements within deadlines required by ownership. This includes reviewing AP, AR, and GL postings, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations ensuring all intercompany accounts are cleared within 15 days of month end. Review of financial statements with Director of Finance/Controller and assist in preparing monthly variance reports.
- Preparation and oversight of quarterly HOA assessment billings ensuring they are distributed by the 20th of month prior to the quarter being billed.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and established accounting policies and procedures ensuring that control measures are in place and practiced.
- Assist in preparation of budgets for the Riverfront Village HOAs working with the DOF and Controller.
- Supervises the monitoring and collection of accounts receivable for the Riverfront Village Hotel, Spa, and HOAs and rebills past due accounts monthly.
- Reviews and post the Monthly journal entries within a timely basis to meet monthly closing deadlines.
- Assist with group billing preparation meeting contract deadlines.
- Cross train on sales tax preparation for hotel, spa, and restaurant operations.
- Responds to guest and owner requests as needed, makes recommendations to improve guest and owner service and experiences. Cross train on guest calls and disputes.
- Attends all regularly scheduled meetings and presents financial statements and budget to the HOA boards.
- Monthly forecast preparation.
- Cross train on every aspect of the department. Cover certain duties of staff accountants while on vacation, ie cash deposits, rewards reconciliation, accounts payable, income audits, bank recs, billings, group bills, sales tax, production of owner statements
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $24 - $27 / hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life & Pet Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- 4 Years of college with an accounting/finance degree or suitable industry experience as a staff accountant
- Experience with computerized hotel accounting operations.
- Job requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to collaborate with others, excellent accounting and organizational skills
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate financial reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Knowledge of Lightspeed, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Owner Relations, Aloha, Avero etc..
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.