Summer Culinary Internship
Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa managed by East West Hospitality. We pride ourselves on owning every detail to craft exceptional experiences for our guests, and we are looking for culinary students to join our Hotel Culinary Internship Program!
What you will do:
The Food & Beverage department contributes a great deal to the overall experience a guest has at our resort. One of the biggest aspects of a vacation is the wonderful food and drink guests enjoy while visiting. The quality of food and beverage along with the service that comes with it, have a huge impact on the overall success of the resort.
Our Culinary Team serves guests at Stoke & Rye, The Lookout, Riverfront Market, In-Room Dining, and Special Events/Banquets.
About this role: Culinary skills and experience will be assessed in order to determine your entry level. Training and guidance will be provided by our Sous Chefs & Executive Chef to advance your skills, prepare you to succeed on the next levels, and to understand the full operations of a commercial kitchen in a luxury hotel setting.
What you will get:
- Enhanced product knowledge and understanding of the operations and its outlets through training and exposure.
- Weekly training/informational sessions from Leaders from every department to understand and learn the overall Hotel Operation.
- An assigned mentor with whom you will meet in a biweekly basis to support your learning and development.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO.
Employment Dates: June 3rd - August 9th
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Pay Rate: $21/ hour
Schedule: Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be currently receiving college credits and seeking a degree from a Culinary Program or related field.
- Candidates must be available through the entire timeframe, including holidays/weekends.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- $40 / Month Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We strive to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong.
We are: Entrepreneurial, Local, Transparent, Supportive, Personal, and Collaborative.
Based in Colorado, East West Hospitality has more than 35 years of success managing some of the world’s favorite resort communities and urban centers. We specialize in association, rental and property management, hotels, spas, fitness, restaurants, and retail operations with locations in Colorado, South Carolina, California, and Hawaii. We have over 1,500 employees who are sharing their passion for hospitality in the places where they live, work, and thrive.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.