Summer Hotel Culinary Internship - The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a passionate culinary student to join our Hotel Culinary Internship Program!
What you will do:
The Food & Beverage department contributes a great deal to the overall experience a guest has at our resort. One of the biggest aspects of a vacation is the wonderful food and drink guests enjoy while visiting. The quality of food and beverage along with the service that comes with it, have a huge impact on the overall success of the resort.
Our Culinary Team serves guests at Maya, The Lookout, Riverfront Market, In-Room Dining, and Special Events/Banquets.
About this role: Culinary skills and experience will be assessed in order to determine your entry level. Training and guidance will be provided by our Sous Chefs & Executive Chef to advance your skills, prepare you to succeed on the next levels, and to understand the full operations of a commercial kitchen in a luxury hotel setting.
What you will get:
- Enhanced product knowledge and understanding of the operations and its outlets through training and exposure.
- Weekly training/informational sessions from Leaders from every department to understand and learn the overall Hotel Operation.
- An assigned mentor with whom you will meet in a biweekly basis to support your learning and development.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO.
Employment Dates: June 7th - August 13th
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Pay Rate: $15-17 / hour, based on skills and experience. Pay range includes Steward/Prep Cook.
Benefits & Perks:
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Must be currently receiving college credits and seeking a degree from a Culinary Program or related field.
- Candidates must be available through the entire timeframe, including holidays/weekends.