Summer Hotel Operations Internship
Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa managed by East West Hospitality. We pride ourselves on owning every detail to craft exceptional experiences for our guests, and we are looking for hospitality enthusiast college students to join our Hotel Operations Internship Program!
What you will do:
You will be a member of two core teams of our operations. Three days a week will be spent with the Front Office department, and two days with the Housekeeping department.
The "face" of the hotel. From the moment they great the guests until the final checkout, their professionalism and service leave a lasting impression. They preform all duties of the front office, including the check-in/out of guests, answering telephones, responding to guest requests and resolving guest issues.
- Greet all guests in a professional, courteous and informative manner.
- Handle the Check in and Check out process for all rental guests and owner’s guests.
- Be familiar with reservation policies and procedures and be capable of moving reservations for in-house guests.
- Prepare arrival guest packets with all necessary information.
- Update computer daily with check-in and checkout status. Monitor housekeeping status or occupancy of units.
- Work with other departments to resolve guest issues as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
The effort that a housekeeping department makes has direct bearing on the guest’s experience in a hotel. Guestrooms are the heart of the hotel. The housekeeping department not only prepares clean guestroom on a timely basis for arriving a guest but also cleans and maintains everything in the hotel so that the property is as fresh and attractive as the day it opened for business.
- Clean all units assigned using the ‘Daily Clean’ check list. Cleans include check out, back to backs, daily, mid-week and deep-clean services.
- Report all maintenance repair items to Lead Inspector via telephone or radio.
- Remove and bring any personal items left by guest to the housekeeping office. Complete a Lost and Found form, place item and form in plastic bag and store in Lost & Found cabinet.
- Call in each clean after completed to Inspector
- Complete time sheet on a daily basis.
- Clean common areas, such as: restrooms, lobby, spa area, etc.
- Work in the laundry department to make certain that all linens are processed, washed, dried, folded, marked and stored.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will get:
- Weekly training/informational sessions from Leaders from every department to understand and learn the overall Hotel Operation.
- An assigned mentor with whom you will meet in a biweekly basis to support your learning and development.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO.
Employment Dates: June 3rd - August 9th
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Pay Rate: $20 / hour for Houskeeping hours, $22/hour for Front Desk hours
- Must be currently receiving college credits and seeking a degree from a Hospitality Management Program or related field.
- Candidates must be available through the entire timeframe, including holidays/weekends.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- $40 / Month Health Insurance Reimbursement Program
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We strive to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong.
We are: Entrepreneurial, Local, Transparent, Supportive, Personal, and Collaborative.
Based in Colorado, East West Hospitality has more than 35 years of success managing some of the world’s favorite resort communities and urban centers. We specialize in association, rental and property management, hotels, spas, fitness, restaurants, and retail operations with locations in Colorado, South Carolina, California, and Hawaii. We have over 1,500 employees who are sharing their passion for hospitality in the places where they live, work, and thrive.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.