Summer Sales & Events Services Internship
Join our team at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa managed by East West Hospitality.
Our luxury resort offers an astonishing and convenient location in the Vail Valley, with unparalleled access to Beaver Creek Mountain and the Eagle River. Premium accommodations, award winning dining, state-of-the-art fitness center and exceptional hospitality experience make us a preferred property for luxurious stays, social gatherings, group business and weddings.
We pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a hospitality enthusiast and guest service oriented college student to join our Sales & Events Services Internship Program!
What you will do:
Our Sales & Marketing team is an integral part of our resort, attracting guests, increasing revenue, improving operational efficiency, and ensuring that groups are provided with the best hospitality experience.
You will be responsible for event support with all group related business generated by sales department. This position's internal key relationships are Sales, Catering, Banquet, F&B and Front Desk. The external key relationships are all hotel guests and visitors, clients, trade show and exposition set-up personnel and suppliers.
- Supporting convention services, catering, and hotel sales, assisting the conference and catering managers in program execution.
- Coverage in assigning leads for Catering and Events Manager
- Providing input ideas into sales initiatives and assist in monitoring responses.
- Assisting and directing all catering and wedding inquiries
- Ensuring the inventory of custom sales presentation materials such as e-proposals and wedding sites are current.
- Assisting with organizing pre-con meetings, site visits, tastings, etc.
- Rooming list management, as assigned by catering managers.
- Responsible for group daily events being posted accurately on resort reader boards.
- Maintaining sales records and preparing sales activity reports.
What you will get:
- Weekly training/informational sessions from Leaders from every department to understand and learn the overall Resort Operation.
- An assigned mentor with whom you will meet in a biweekly basis to support your learning and development.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO.
Employment Dates: June 5th - August 13th
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Pay Rate: $20 / hour
- Must be currently receiving college credits and seeking a degree from a Hospitality program or related field.
- Candidates must be available through the entire timeframe, including holidays/weekends.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.