Systems Engineer - Remote in Colorado
The East West IT team is hiring a Systems Engineer! This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in Avon, CO, or can be remote within CO. It provides support to the full East West family of companies - East West Partners, Slifer Smith & Frampton, and East West Hospitality, with locations across the US.
Primary responsibilities include hands on development, standardization, and management of all servers and applications within a Microsoft Active Directory network, including deployment, upgrades and day to day management. In addition, the role will assist with all virtualization environments within East West, and assist with network administration task and assigned projects. This position is one of the technical leads on East West’s server and application systems and reports to the IT Director.
This is an onsite role in Avon, CO, or can be remote within CO.
- Architects, installs and supports all core Microsoft Server technologies that East West utilizes such as Active Directory, Azure, O365, SQL, RDS, Group Policy, patching.
- Assists in the design and support of all other system engineer roles by obtaining professional level certifications in virtualization, networking and security if not already acquired.
- Proactively monitors server OS health to include performance, disk space, memory utilization, event logs, service status and availability.
- Proactively monitors capacity trends and works with management to ensure sufficient resources are always available.
- Monitors and tunes servers and applications to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Troubleshoots problems to locate root cause and appropriate fixes in expedient fashion
- Provides tier 3 client support and technical issue resolution in support of other teams
- Consults with third party vendors to obtain support, make recommendations, and schedule work while remaining within budget constraints
- Ensures all systems are monitored, protected with antivirus, have appropriate backups, have appropriate licenses, are made accessible to both application owners and users under the principles of minimum necessary privileges, and remain compliant with all legal standards
- Designs and implements applications in manners supporting department specific needs for uptime, concurrent users, downtime availability and privacy requirements
- Develops and executes methodologies for increasing application optimization and standardization
- Manages deployment of appropriate upgrades and patches on a timely basis
- Maintains ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general application support
- Works with vendors for support with resolving issues and developing/maintaining platform strategy
- Provides mentoring, guidance, and professional development support to others on staff
- Provides back-up support for other network team members when necessary
- Participates in on-call rotation.
Location: Office located in Avon, CO. Remote available, must live in Colorado.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $80,000 - $100,000
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or equivalent experience preferred; or 4 years of IT relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Microsoft active directory domain management and servers preferred.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of application management and deployment strategies preferred.
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of security concepts preferred.
- Experience with Nutanix, VMWare, Cisco, & HP witching and Aruba highly desired.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life & Pet Insurance
- $1000 Wellness Bonus/ Year
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Volunteer Pay - 8 hours of volunteer hours per year paid
- IT Career Development Program
- Discounts at Marriott properties worldwide
- 20% Discount on the broker commission for real estate deals through SSF
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- PerkSpot Discounts - shopping discounts
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 99563575523