Technical Support Specialist I
East West Hospitality is looking for a customer service oriented Technical Support Specialist I to join our team in Charleston, SC.
The Technical Support Specialist I is responsible for day-to-day technical tasks relating to supporting, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and documenting PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, printers, peripherals and phones for the entire organization. This is an entry level, Tier 1 Help Desk position, that may also include low level network, systems and application administration functions.
This position will work closely with other team members, end users and hospitality guests to provide technical support, problem resolution and training in person, via telephone or at remote locations. Due to this, the Technical Support Specialist I will need to be proficient and comfortable working in a "hands-on", guest-facing capacity in a help desk environment where customer service, thoroughness and excellent communication skills are essential to success.
Duties are performed at the direction of and under the supervision of the IT Help Desk Manager and, occasionally senior staff members. Some travel and after hours/weekend support can be expected. Perform other duties as assigned.
The network is predominantly using Microsoft, VMware, Dell, HP and Cisco technologies with a diverse software and application suite. The IT Department supports approximately 60 remote sites, 200 servers and 1500 users located across the US.
Location: Charleston, SC
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $25 - $28/ hour DOE
- Professional certifications such as the A+ or MTA are preferred.
- Requires 0 - 2 years of desktop and technical support experience.
- Hospitality and/or resort development experience preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life & Pet Insurance
- $1000 Wellness Bonus/ Year
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- IT Career Development Program
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.