The Lake House On Site GM
Job Title: High End Building General Manager
Department: East West Urban Management
Reports To: Portfolio Manager
COVID Protocol: Effective September 1, 2021, all newly hired, or rehired, employees and real estate brokers for all East West Companies must be, or become, "fully vaccinated" against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Position Purpose/ Summary
The General Manager (Manager), in conjunction with and under the direct supervision of Portfolio Manager, is responsible for the on-site administration and physical operations of the property. The Manager will provide direction to the on-site staff, and outside contractors, and assure that the condominium management program and orientation thereof is properly executed. The manager will be responsible for the effective operation and cleanliness of the Building, for insuring performance of established preventative maintenance programs of the Building and its equipment, for the hiring, recruiting, training and supervision of qualified and competent personnel, and for the maintenance of excellent resident relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all job assignments and explanation of employee duties and performance; informing and educating operating staff on policies and procedures.
- Review employee performance on a specific schedule coordinated with the Portfolio Manager, conduct periodic employee critiques and schedule training programs as needed. The Manager will set standards so as to be able to measure performance. Considerations should include, but not be limited to, attendance, attire, efficiency, quality of work and supervision required.
- Staff includes: Front Desk Personnel, Maintenance Personnel, Move-in/Move-out Monitors, & Overnight security/front desk (contract)
- Conduct regular inspections (not less often than three (3) times per week) of the Building and grounds, noting the physical appearance of the property. Repairs and other comments should be noted on the "inspection forms" and work orders prepared as necessary.
- Advise the Portfolio Manager and the Board of Directors of maintenance operations which will include reporting on outside service contracts, inspections, regulatory changes, projects in process, etc.
- Inform the Portfolio Manager of observed deferred maintenance and property deficiencies, noting specific locations and conditions and recommendations for corrective measure
VENDORS & CONTRACTORS:
- Be responsible for the responsiveness of vendor and outside contractor services to the condominium association and report any problems arising therefrom to the Chief Building Engineer & Portfolio Manager.
- Purchase, or approve the purchase of, the necessary supplies and replacement parts required for the property operations and Building maintenance.
- Maintain appropriate condominium receipt and purchasing records.
ASSOCIATION SUPPORT AND REPORTING:
- Meet and provide welcome information to all new owners as soon as possible to provide Building orientation and answer any questions in regard to Building policies and procedures. Issue Association information, such as Rules & Procedures, Newsletters, current data sheet on the Board of Directors and Committees, etc., as necessary.
- Consult with the Portfolio Manager and the Rules and Regulations Committee on all violations by residents or others which require formal submission to the Board of Directors for action.
- Be responsible for the proper flow of suggestions, grievances and inquiries.
- Be responsible for the posting of notices and newsletters in advance so as to keep all residents informed of developments and happenings in the Building. Such notices should be posted on the bulletin Boards T.V. monitors and other conspicuous places as deemed appropriate. Some notices may require delivery to each unit.
RECORD KEEPING AND CORRESPONDENCE:
- Prepare and submit accurate and complete essential association reports, various data- input forms and other required correspondence.
- Monitor all maintenance records to ensure proper documentation of all maintenance and preventative maintenance work accomplished. Ensure the proper scheduling of all required preventative maintenance work via Association software & in collaboration with the Chief Building Engineer.
- Submit a monthly report to the Portfolio Manager and the Board of developments since the last Board meeting.
- All cases which involve damage or injury to any person or persons must be reported to the insurance agent and the Portfolio Manager immediately. If the claim can be readily judged to be less than the deductible, then there is no need to contact the insurance agent. However, in that case, a written report should be provided for the Portfolio Manager and the Board should be advised as part of the monthly Management report.
- Security and FOB/Key Control is the responsibility of the manager. Policies and procedures for a key control system will be provided by the Portfolio Manager. A key sign-out and return log must be maintained via the Association front desk software.
- A log for properly maintaining a record of all incidents/accidents as well as other important happenings within the Building must be maintained.
- Review and update as necessary the Office Policy and Procedural Manual which details office policies, including emergency procedures.
SERVICE TO INDIVIDUALS:
All service to owners and/or residents must, without exception, be based on the following priorities. Emergency requests which threaten life or property shall be addressed first. All other requests are based on a first come, first serve basis. Each request should be handled based upon the substance of the complaint or request. The manager should always act responsively and professionally and should show no favoritism.
The manager (or Building engineer) shall perform the services as provide in the "Owner Services Policy". Staff is allowed to troubleshoot, and in rare cases repair, minor maintenance problems in individual units. However, if the scope of the repairs goes beyond the abilities of the manager or Building engineer, or the responsibility of the Association, the manager must recommend a contractor to perform the repairs. In all instances, the Manager should be careful not to expose the Association to any implied or express warranties or guarantees.
Specific duties may include:
- Maintain an up to date list of contractors who are familiar with the Building and who have done work in the Building before. The Property Management Company will maintain a staff, independent of the Association staff for this purpose.
- An up to date list of units for sale or for lease in the Building will be maintained by a third-party contractor and it is not in the scope of the Association’s responsibility to do so. This information is generated from information received from s or their agents and is not intended to be representations of the Associations or of on-site Management.
- The manager shall become familiar with the insurance coverage and insurance deductible policies of the Associations to the extent that non-technical questions of the residents can be answered.
OTHER SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ON-SITE MANAGER:
These duties are intended to be a list of specific duties that the on-site manager is responsible to perform. Many of these can be done through the Property Managers office or delegated to supporting office staff personnel. This list is not intended to be all inclusive.
- Maintain and update the Office Policy Manual.
- Schedule Front Desk Staff and Move-in/Move out monitors to ensure complete coverage and approve all time sheets, review work schedules and duties.
- Send/post notices and letters as reviewed and directed by PORTFOLIO MANAGER or the Board
- Coordinate mailings to owners and residents.
- Approve invoices for payment for on-site services
- Advise East West Urban Management office of changes in addresses of owners and residents.
- Maintain and update vendors list.
- Filing of documents to include paid bills files, deeds, correspondence, rules, etc.
- Contact and schedule work to be done by outside contractors in the Building.
- Update FOB & key system for new residents and/or any changes of existing residents.
- Have available and collect the appropriate fees for replacement card keys, security FOBs etc.
- Reconcile the petty cash report on a regular basis.
- Monitor move-ins, move-outs, fire alarms, maintenance and mechanical activities, complaints and requests.
- Schedule regular maintenance tasks such as window washers. Post notices to alert residents and collect money are necessary.
- Program front entry directory, key system and other such electronic systems.
- Add or delete residents on the office roster, mailroom and monitors roster.
- Schedule vacation time for all employees. Manager must sign all vacation requests.
- Establish and insure adherence to office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. seven (7) days per week.
- Prepare work orders as needed based on Building inspections and reports from monitors or residents. Ensure that all work orders have been satisfactorily completed.
- Coordinate moves by padding freight elevator and locking off freight elevator as necessary.
- Maintain key control and card access control by logging names, times, dates, etc for all keys or FOBS given out.
- If required take reservations for Amenities including the Club Lounge, Library including receipt of deposits, signing of leases, issuing keys and reviewing rooms for damage after use.
- Inspect guest parking on a regular basis for illegally parked cars.
- Answer phones and assist at the front entrance.
- Receive packages and other deliveries and notify residents of such receipt. All deliveries will be logged into a Package Log via the Association software and the resident will sign the log upon pick-up of the parcels.
- Maintain office supplies and maintenance agreements on office equipment.
- Investigate and resolve comments, concerns or complaints issued by residents. A follow up letter to the resident indicating any corrective action is recommended.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specifications/ Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and/ or Experience
Experience in customer service/administrative field i.e. hotel, property management, F&B, retail management, receptionist. College degree.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
Ability to write correspondence emails. Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively listen and comprehend homeowners, guest or vendor requests and concerns.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization in English.
Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
Computer and desk or cell phone, key control software, and other building software.
Word, Excel, Building Link, Outlook, Fob System, Access Security System, KeyBank Software.
Mathematical and Reasoning
Ability to add and subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Bachelor’s Degree or 5 plus years’ experience. CAM is preferred but not required.
Scope of Authority:
Front Desk Staff, Maintenance Staff and Building Engineer.
Physical Demands, working conditions/ environment; See attached physical requirements form
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Employee must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the Company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbal or written) to employees.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities and assignments requested by supervisors, managers or other Company officials.
This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the Company and any employee. This job description will be used for evaluation purposes.
The job responsibilities of this person may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or work area.