Vail Valley Regional Controller
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work? Join the finance team at East West Hospitality.
We are looking for a Vail Valley Regional Controller who will be responsible for supervising accounting staff and all financial reporting functions for the Vail Valley Division. If you have experience as a Property Controller and with computerized accounting operations, we would love to meet you!
- Be an expert in tools used to manage vacation rentals and homeowner systems, including property management, accounting, and reporting software.
- Experience with process improvement and governance in an accounting and finance department.
- Lead the effort in special divisional directed programs as assigned by Director of Finance and/or CFO that benefit the entire company.
- Work directly and closely with Directors of Operations on monthly planning and preparation, financial analysis, etc. Provide support to Directors of Operations as needed.
- Provide support for Division Controllers as needed and provide backup for Division Controller turn-over.
- Review financial reports and assist in audit preparation.
- Gather information from numerous sources, analyze and classify information, apply prior knowledge to create unique processes and solve complex problems.
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations in a timely manner and in compliance with Corporate Directives.
- Prepare annual budget and forecasts working with the Directors of Operations. Prepares the Accounting and administrative department budgets.
- Assists in strategic planning and management meetings, carries out additional duties and special projects as needed or assigned.
- Maintain compliance with established accounting policies and procedures and ensure that all control measures are practiced.
- Communicate all necessary information to other departments and works with other departments on accounting related issues.
- Review information from source systems for entry into financial software. Ensure that information is accurate and posted to the correct month.
- Prepare and review financial statements within required deadlines. Distribute to appropriate personnel (Director of Operations) with pertinent supporting information. Respond to inquiries and requests regarding financial information.
- Prepare reconciliations and review reconciliations completed by others. Ensure that reconciling items clear in the following period.
- Review and approve all disbursements for the Division.
- Respond to owners, guests and other staff member requests for information and training.
- Ensure accounting records and appropriate reports are prepared accurately and punctually and maintained up to date (i.e. sales tax, 1099’s).
- Attend and participate actively in Controller meetings.
- Prepare and coordinate reporting requirements and audits by regulatory agencies.
- Maintains confidential nature of all information that is not of a public nature.
- Create an environment of comfortable hospitality for teammates, owners and guests. Maintain a positive "open door" communications policy with all staff members.
- Supervise Accounting personnel, including hiring, training, counseling with job descriptions, training requirements and performance standards for each position; keep staff informed through regularly scheduled meetings, written memos, etc.
- Regularly review work of subordinates to ensure compliance with company standards and provide feedback and support.
- Serve as a resource to the on-site staff for financial systems and results.
Location: Beaver Creek Landing - Avon, CO (Not a remote position)
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $90k - $110k / year + Annual Bonus Potential, dependent on experience
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Accounting degree or suitable industry experience as a Property Controller
- Experience with computerized accounting operations
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise others
- Excellent accounting and organizational skills
- May occasionally be required to travel
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate financial reports, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Requires an advanced knowledge of computer systems and Excel
- Mathematical and Reasoning Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- All newly hired, or rehired, employees for all East West Companies must be, or become, "fully vaccinated" against the COVID-19 virus and provide evidence of full vaccination status to East West.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Epic Merchant Season Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.