Vice President of Food & Beverage
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards and is one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work? Join the East West Hospitality team!
We are seeking a Vice President of Food & Beverage to oversee food and beverage leaders and provide operational oversight and support to the F&B operations at The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa and The Viceroy Snowmass. This position will provide leadership, strategy and direction in order to drive revenue growth and operations.
Reporting to the General Managers of each Resort, the VP of F&B has primary responsibility for administering all aspects of the food and beverage operations by developing and implementing strategic plans necessary for short and long-term growth and profitability of food and beverage operations. It is responsible for implementing, enhancing and refining creative F&B concepts in support of each Resort’s brand and business initiatives.
F&B responsibility will include all restaurant, bar, lounge, in-room dining, banquets, and outlet operations and offering recommendations, based upon sound market research and analysis, that will broaden East West Hospitality’s ability to remain forward-thinking in providing innovative service offerings in the F&B space optimizing profitability.
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals through promotion, product and pricing of F&B departments of each Resort.
- Support strategic review and planning processes for new initiatives spanning multiple disciplines and brands.
- Manage clear and effective information flow to senior leadership and all other internal stakeholders.
- Provide food and beverage direction to the owners and other partners through policy and brand standard interpretations and make recommendations of policy, design and concept revisions.
- In conjunction with GM’s, EWH leadership and Richard Sandoval, lead F&B concept development and execution for all restaurants, bars, lounges, in-room dining, catering, and café operations.
- Understand the unique F&B needs and requirements of full-service brand hotels and effectively collaborate with Hotel Operations, Spa & Club, Brand Relations & QA, Revenue Strategies and Legal to ensure that initiatives and programs are well communicated to all stakeholders and that any issues resulting from those programs are quickly identified and resolved.
- Working knowledge of industry and brand (Westin & Viceroy) quality assurance programs to include various audit requirements and any accompanying computer-based systems to protect brand integrity and improve F&B guest satisfaction and review scores.
- Test and/or pilot F&B products, programs, concepts and services, identifying operational implications prior to full-scale rollout.
- With Executive Chefs, develop menus and recipes.
- Lead efforts relating to the recruitment, hiring, and training of key F&B management.
- Direct reports include Executive Chefs and select front of house managers at each location.
- Identify, support and promote the development of F&B talent through effective training programs and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a strong training program and ongoing initiatives to support a culture of excellence.
- Ensure standard operating procedures and tools exist for all F&B operations. Identify process improvements.
- Ensure all F&B entities comply with food safety & sanitation standards.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $175,000 - $200,000 DOE + Bonus
Benefits & Perks:
- Bonus plan
- Health Insurance - Choose from two plans
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Company Paid & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott & Viceroy Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Discounted Gym Memberships at VAC and The Athletic Club Westin
- F&B and Spa Discounts
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $200 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site Parking
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Strategic and innovative thinker combined with exceptional leadership skills with a proven track record of initiating and championing new concepts through successful implementation.
- Exceptional skill in problem solving and leveraging resources to optimize discipline capabilities.
- Ability to resolve issues through negotiations, analysis, alignment, relationship skills and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong ability to effectively manage and be responsive to multiple stakeholders with competing priorities while delivering successful, measurable results.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills with expertise in preparing Excel spreadsheets and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is required.
- Must demonstrate an ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software as introduced throughout the organization.
Requirements and Desired Experience:
- Culinary or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred, or a combination of training, experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties of the position
- At least seven years of food and beverage experience in the hospitality industry required.
- Leadership in luxury resort hotel and restaurant experience required. Multi-property leadership role experience preferred.
- Previous Director or Food and Beverage operation experience preferred.
- Ability to travel required. This position is based in the ski resort areas of Beaver Creek and Snowmass in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. The two properties are approximately 1.5 hour drive apart from each other.
- Passion for the ski resort industry and outdoors preferred.
- Experience in business development (brands/concepts), operational design, pro forma validation, and operational strategy preferred.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.