Waterside Chief Building Engineer
The Building Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of maintaining a high-rise residential building.
Supervise the implementation of all property and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs, monitor life safety systems and utilities and assist in the administration of the department in compliance with all corporate standards and local, state and national codes and regulations to protect assets, guests and associates.
Supervise the day-to-day operations. Recommend and implement procedural changes. Monitor and control expenses. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required.
Abilities should include: HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Painting, Carpentry, General Troubleshooting & Computer Skills.
- Oversee, coordinate and assist in the activities of the maintenance operations including but not limited to; project oversight, repairs and replacement, on-call responsibilities, and hands on maintenance repair.
- Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the building, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Recommend, implement and manage the department's budget capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a first-class property and management's expectations.
- Review purchase requests and monitor expenses to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Immediate response to emergency situations (fire, evacuations, water mitigation, equipment failures, etc.)
- Perform preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to: changing filters, replacing lights, ballast and switches, power outages, patching and painting, etc.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies and company directives in regard to safety and building operations.
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of life safety/fire systems/elevators.
- Ability to read and interpret As-Built drawings
- Attend all Association Board Meetings
- Participate in all required training through East West Urban Management & East West Resorts
1. Tactical Skills
Skilled in all facets of general business or area of specialty. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Reflects on vast experience to determine numerous future possibilities. Can see how the details fit into the big picture. Highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Manages the creative process within an organization to develop unique solutions.
2. Knowledge/SkillsPotentially lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying weights up to 50 lbs. and greater, for all equipment and machinery.
Advanced knowledge of the Building Management/Engineering profession. This includes
knowledge required for management of people and complex problems.
Ability to provide information and associated services to management and HOA Board.
Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
Frequent bending and/or kneeling throughout the day for repairs and maintenance of property, equipment and machinery.
Mobility throughout the property, all floors, varying heights and distances. Use of ladders required at times.
Limited driving on an occasional basis for supplies, equipment, etc. Generally, within 20 miles
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience developing and maintaining relationships with Homeowner Associations also preferred
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write
speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to
effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
Variety of hand tools & power tools
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
We also wish to make you aware of an important policy in place at the East West Family of Companies. Consistent with its duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of recognized hazards, to safeguard the health and well-being of employees and their families, our customers and visitors. As a condition of employment, East West has adopted a COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Requirement policy effective November 22, 2021, all employees must either prove that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or they have obtained an exemption and accommodation to that requirement. By signing at the bottom of this letter and accepting this offer, you specifically acknowledge and affirm that you will comply with this requirement. As part of this policy and as a further condition of your employment, you are required to contact Human Resources immediately if you believe you require an exemption and accommodation from this policy for any reason