Westin Apprenticeship Program
**Only for participants of Career Wise Program**
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for a guest service oriented apprentice to join our team and develop critical skills for a successful career in Hospitality.
About the program
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO
Start Date: June , 2021
Pay Rate: $14 per hour (first year)
This program entails a 3-year commitmment.
- Schedule: Year 1 - minimum of 12-16 hours/week (2 full days, 4 half days, etc.)
- Year 2 - minimum of 20-24 hours/week (3 full days, combination of 5 full & half days)
- Year 3 - full time employment 32-40 hours/week (up to 5 full days)
- Resort Operations
- Work environment description: sitting / standing / walking / bending/ lifting / pushing/ pulling
- Apprentice compensation - Year 1: $14.00/hour
- You will be 16 years or older before June 2021 and will be a high school junior in the 2021-2022 school year.
Departments available are Front Office/Housekeeping, Engineering and Food & Beverage.
Who you are:
- Guest Focus: Builds enduring relationships to deliver genuine hospitality and meet the needs, wants and expectations of our guests
- Instills Trust: Gains the trust and confidence of others through transparency, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people across levels, functions, culture and geography
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and others if appropriate, accountable to meet commitments. Does what they say they will do
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates articulately through verbal, non-verbal and written means, and seeks to understand while adjusting style to meet the needs of different audiences
- Collaborates: Builds enduring relationships, works collaboratively with others across departments and divisions to meet objectives
- Being Resilient: Adapts and rebounds from difficult situations quickly with a positive attitude
- Nimble Learning: Actively pursues learning opportunities by tackling new problems and learning from successes and failures
What you will learn:
- Customer Service: Providing excellent guest service by utilizing the Westin Human Truths; We need to be UNDERSTOOD, We want to BELONG, We long to feel SPECIAL, We crave a little more CONTROL over our lives, and We dream of REACHING OUR POTENTIAL.
- Judgement and Decision Making: Able to solve problems by evaluating the facts, explore options, analyze pros and cons and execute the best solution for those involved.
- Paying Attention to Detail: The smallest details must be adhered to. From the way the room is prepared, to the wake-up call to how the furniture is set up in the room; all aspects are important to our guests.
- Teamwork: Successful employees work well with others and will be productive members of a team. We value the contributions of everyone.
- Troubleshooting: Determine the cause of operating errors and develop possible solutions. Make small adjustments but speak with the appropriate people (e.g., supervisors, colleagues) on problems that may be more systemic (e.g., a pattern of problems or serious problems).
- Active Listening: Maximize learning by paying attention to what other people are saying (e.g., co-worker, supervisor). Taking time to understand the points being made, asking appropriate questions to identify root cause through iterative questions and making sure to understand the impact of the situation being discussed.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the risks and rewards of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems; seeing the big picture and identifying patterns and identifying opportunities for improvement.
26 College Credits, 13 guaranteed transfer credits and 13 technical credits
Credential: Maximizing credits toward an associate degree or technical certification
**Coursework will vary slightly by community college
Benefits & Perks:
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- $6 Employee Lunch
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture