Job Title: Building Engineer
Department: East West Urban Management
Reports To: Chief Building Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt __________ Non-exempt_____X______
Position Purpose/ Summary
Assist in and conduct the daily operations and maintenance of building systems including but not limited to: plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pool/spa, and other general maintenance requirements of facilities that vary from residential to commercial. Customer service, attention to detail and a proactive approach is required. $19-$20 per hour
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Immediate response to emergency situations (fire, evacuations, water mitigation, equipment failures, etc.)
- Perform work order requests
- Perform preventative maintenance duties including but not limited to: changing filters, greasing motors, replacing lights, ballast and switches, temperature complaints, power outages, drains, patching and painting, etc.
- Conduct periodic equipment inspections
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies and company directives in regard to safety and building operations
- Maintain and ensure proper operation of life safety/fire systems/elevators
- Ability to read and interpret as-built drawings
- Snow removal and janitorial duties as required
- Maintain the physical appearance of the common areas
- Special projects and project management as requested by management
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Active listening skills
- Ability to gain & retain trust of internal and external customers
- Hands on, no job is beneath me approach
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, office equipment and Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Ability to lift heavy objects when required
- Ability to work on one’s feet throughout the day
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Ability to work in extreme environments - extreme heat and extreme cold
- Ability to work one weekend day and four weekdays based on scheduling needs for full time; two weekend days and two weekdays for part time.
- Ability to be on call on a rotating shift
- Ability to be calm and resilient in emergency situations
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge/Skills and Experience
Education and/or Experience
Ability to read, analyzes, and interpret As Builts, Blue prints, Operation Manuals (O&Ms) and Spec Sheets
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, residents, tenants or vendors.
Effectively present information to top management, tenants and contractors
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
Ability to write correspondence emails. Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively listen and comprehend homeowner, guest or vendor requests and concerns.
Variety of hand tools, power tools, snow blower, pressure washer, vacuum and building system equipment
Building Automation Systems
Key bank and fob system
Control Boards of building equipment such as fire alarm system, domestic water pumps, elevator
Mathematical and Reasoning Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and the ability to read a tape.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Pool and Spa Operator, current or ability to obtain