Winter Culinary Internship - The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Join our team at renowned The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality!
Our luxury resort offers an astonishing and convenient location in the Vail Valley, with unparalleled access to Beaver Creek Mountain and the Eagle River. Premium accommodations, award winning dining, state-of-the-art fitness center and exceptional hospitality experience make us a preferred property for luxurious stays, social gatherings, group business and weddings.
We are looking for a passionate culinary student to join our Hotel Culinary Internship Program!
What you will do:
The Food & Beverage department contributes a great deal to the overall experience a guest has at our resort. One of the biggest aspects of a vacation is the wonderful food and drink guests enjoy while visiting. The quality of food and beverage along with the service that comes with it, have a huge impact on the overall success of the resort.
Our Culinary Team serves guests at Stoke & Rye, The Lookout, Riverfront Market, In-Room Dining, and Special Events/Banquets.
About this role: Culinary skills and experience will be assessed in order to determine your entry level. Training and guidance will be provided by our Sous Chefs & Executive Chef to advance your skills, prepare you to succeed on the next levels, and to understand the full operations of a commercial kitchen in a luxury hotel setting.
What you will get:
- Enhanced product knowledge and understanding of the operations and its outlets through training and exposure.
- Weekly training/informational sessions from Leaders from every department to understand and learn the overall Hotel Operation.
- An assigned mentor with whom you will meet in a biweekly basis to support your learning and development.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO.
Employment Dates: December 19th, 2022 - April 21st, 2023
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Pay Rate: $20 / hour, based on skills and experience. Pay includes Steward/Prep Cook to Intermediate Cook.
- Must be currently receiving college credits and seeking a degree from a Hospitality Management Program or related field.
- Candidates must be available through the entire timeframe, including holidays/weekends.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Winter Incentive Program - Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus (coverage depends on start date)
- $40 Monthly Health Reimbursement
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts Program
- $6 Staff Meal
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.