Winter Internship, Hotel Operations - The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Join our team at renowned The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality!
Our luxury resort offers an astonishing and convenient location in the Vail Valley, with unparalleled access to Beaver Creek Mountain and the Eagle River. Premium accommodations, award winning dining, state-of-the-art fitness center and exceptional hospitality experience make us a preferred property for luxurious stays, social gatherings, group business and weddings.
We are looking for a hospitality enthusiast and guest service oriented college student to join our Hotel Operations Internship Program!
What you will do:
You will be a member of two core teams of our operations. Three days a week will be spent with the Front Office department, and two days with the Housekeeping department.
The "face" of the hotel. From the moment they great the guests until the final checkout, their professionalism and service leave a lasting impression. They preform all duties of the front office, including the check-in/out of guests, answering telephones, responding to guest requests and resolving guest issues.
- Greet all guests in a professional, courteous and informative manner.
- Handle the Check in and Check out process for all rental guests and owner’s guests.
- Be familiar with reservation policies and procedures and be capable of moving reservations for in-house guests.
- Prepare arrival guest packets with all necessary information.
- Update computer daily with check-in and checkout status. Monitor housekeeping status or occupancy of units.
- Work with other departments to resolve guest issues as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
The effort that a housekeeping department makes has direct bearing on the guest’s experience in a hotel. Guestrooms are the heart of the hotel. The housekeeping department not only prepares clean guestroom on a timely basis for arriving a guest but also cleans and maintains everything in the hotel so that the property is as fresh and attractive as the day it opened for business.
- Clean all units assigned using the ‘Daily Clean’ check list. Cleans include check out, back to backs, daily, mid-week and deep-clean services.
- Report all maintenance repair items to Lead Inspector via telephone or radio.
- Remove and bring any personal items left by guest to the housekeeping office. Complete a Lost and Found form, place item and form in plastic bag and store in Lost & Found cabinet.
- Call in each clean after completed to Inspector
- Complete time sheet on a daily basis.
- Clean common areas, such as: restrooms, lobby, spa area, etc.
- Work in the laundry department to make certain that all linens are processed, washed, dried, folded, marked and stored.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will get:
- Weekly training/informational sessions from Leaders from every department to understand and learn the overall Hotel Operation.
- An assigned mentor with whom you will meet in a biweekly basis to support your learning and development.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa - Avon, CO.
Employment Dates: December 19, 2022 to April 21, 2023
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Pay Rate: $20 / hour
- Must be currently receiving college credits and seeking a degree from a Culinary Program or related field.
- Candidates must be available through the entire timeframe, including holidays/weekends.
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Winter Incentive Program - Ski Pass or Equivalent Bonus (coverage depends on start date)
- $40 Monthly Health Reimbursement
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts Program
- $6 Staff Meal
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
- We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
- We believe that being unique is powerful.
- We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
- We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
- We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
- We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.