Winter Season Rooms Management Trainee
Are you interested in working for the company that won No.1 Large Company in the Colorado 2019 Top Work Places Awards AND is one of Outside Magazine’s 50 Best Places to Work? Join our team at Viceroy Snowmass, managed by East West Hospitality.
Viceroy Snowmass, located in Snowmass Village, CO is looking for a Rooms Management Trainee to join our team. If you enjoy working as a part of a team and have a motivated and positive attitude, we would love to meet you!
- Rotation through the following Rooms departments: Guest Services, Door/Bell/Valet, PBX and Housekeeping.
- Handle guest registration and room assignments, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Assist in pre-registration and blocking of reservations when necessary.
- Have thorough knowledge of hotel credit and check cashing policies and procedures and adhere to them.
- Have knowledge of hotel property, hotel staff and hotel services with hours of operation.
- Have knowledge of any and all promotions and/or current programs that would influence or affect the guest.
- Handles guest check-in and check-out efficiently and in a friendly and professional manner.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of room locations, types of rooms, and room selling strategies.
- Know cash handling procedures.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, discounts and how to handle each.
- Have working knowledge of reservations and procedures, take same day reservations. Know cancellation procedures and walk procedures.
- Ensure that the Guest Services Management team is aware of any potential guest issues whether resolved or unresolved.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and be in proper uniform at all times.
Location: Viceroy Snowmass - Snowmass Village, CO
Start Date: November/December 2020
Employment Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Schedule: Flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
Pay Rate: $17/hour
Benefits & Perks:
- Wellness Benefit- Flex Ski Pass or Cash Equivalent
- $500 Sign-On Bonus ($250 paid upon start / $250 paid at season-end)
- Local Housing for $750-$850 per month
- 50% Discounted RFTA (Local) Bus Pass
- 50% off Viceroy Food, Beverage & Spa Services
- Discounted onsite child care services
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical reimbursement
- Opportunity to extend for the summer season!
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at eastwest.com.
- Previous hotel and front desk experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency required including Microsoft Office Suite. Opera or other PMS system proficiency preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous or current college coursework in a Hospitality Management Program preferred.
East West Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts inspires travelers with one-of-a-kind authentic lifestyle experiences that bring together provocative design and intuitive service in sought-after locations. A leader in modern luxury, Viceroy’s vibe-led hospitality is guided by the brand promise "Remember to Live," an affirmation to create lifelong memories for each and every guest. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success.